Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

Happy _ _ th Birthday Mom! Just a few reasons why I love you:
1. You remember every holiday and birthday, even for your grandkids
2. You serve your family without even thinking about it and without asking for help
3. You are a thoughtful friend
4. You like to take us shopping for new clothes, even if it means we can't tell Dad what you bought us :) Sorry had to throw that in there
5. You enjoy feeding us, our friends, and anybody who happens to pass by the house
6. You gave birth and took care of FIVE kids, which now I'm realizing, is a really big deal
7. You have a good sense of humor, especially when you have rubber cement
8. You made everybody a homemade gift for Christmas even though you had chronic back pain the entire month of December
9. You taught us the importance of FHE, reading scriptures, and having dinner together (which was ALWAYS ready at 6pm)
10. You went to every single one of my track meets, soccer games, xc meets, choir/piano concerts growing up
11. You're my Mom!
Love,
Sarah

5 comments:

Tom said...

Here here! Good list Sarah!

Camille said...

Happy birthday Debbie!!! And may I add to Sarah's list that you always made all the family feel welcome, loved and that means a lot. Hey and how did you always have dinner ready at 6? I need secrets....

Drew said...

As lame as this sounds... Ditto to this list!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sarah, for this very nice online birthday card! You have thought of everything. I think being a parent is an eye-opener. It was for me! I never knew how hard my mom worked, and I appreciate her more every day. I love you! Mom

Being the parent of five perfect kids was a very special privilege!

dandnblack said...

Happy Birthday! Wow what an amazing woman you are and what a great family! Doug says thank you for being his mother as well. I hope that you had a wonderful birthday - you deserve it!